Pages

Thursday, October 9, 2014

Lyrics that make no sense!

Few days back I was humming the tune of a popular Hindi song when I realised that the lyrics made just no amount of sense at all. So my wicked mind began thinking of more such nonsensical songs that could very well constitute a blog post. Being the forgetful person I am, I will list all those songs that come to my mind. I will update the list as and when I remember new ones! *sly smile*

Here goes:

1) Hum tum ik kamre mein band ho: (Hindi)

Hum tum ik kamre main band ho, aur chabhi kho jaye.
(We both are locked in a room, and the key goes missing)

Chabhi ko bhi saath main le jaana chahiye tha na? (Should've taken the keys along, no?!) 

Hum tum ik kamre main band ho, aur sher aa jaye!
(We both are locked in a room, when suddenly a lion sprints into it)

Seriously?! Are you guys locked in a room or a cage in a zoo? Ho kya raha hain huh? Kabhi chabhi ghoom ho jati hain to kabhi sher bhag aata hain?!! Ho kidhar aakhir tum log? (What on earth is happening guys? At times you lose your keys, at times a lion skedaddles into your room!! Where are you guys, after all?!!)


2) Show me the meaning of being lonely: 

Life goes on, as it never ends;
Eyes of stone, observe the trends;
They never say, forever gaze if only!
Beauty rose, to an endless love, 
Theres no control, are you with me now?!
Your every wish, will be done they tell me!

Huh? I have listened to this song over a 1000 times, but never have been able to figure out what these lines mean. Your every wish, they tell me? Who are they?! *scratching my head*

3) Kabhi jo badal barse: (Hindi)

.. Main khud ko pagal kehloon, tu ghum de khushiyan sehloon saathiya,
... Pehle kabhi, na tune mujhe ghum dia!
Phir mujhe, kyun tanha kar dia?!

(I will claim myself to be crazy, even if you cause grief, I will accept happiness,
You have never caused me sorrow before,
So why have you left me all alone now?)

Hold it there! 
The hero sings that he will blissfully accept any pain that the heroine inflicts upon him, but then, he complains when she leaves him, thereby causing him trauma! Just what did the lyricist purport to convey?!!! 

4) Oh maghaziya, oho mahaziya: (Tamil)

Oh maghaziya, oho maghaziya,
Nakumukka nakka, oh shakalaka, oho randaka!

Please don't expect me to translate this mumbo jumbo! I have not the faintest idea what they mean. The above lines are sort of an amalgamation of all the cockeyed words used in so many tamil songs. In fact, the entire song is composed of such meaningless words taken from different Tamil songs. Not a single word in the song makes any sense. Why?! JUST WHY?!!

5) Tera pyar pyar pyar hookah bar: (Hindi)

Tera pyar pyar pyar,
Hookah bar bar bar
Tera pyar pyar pyaar
Hookah bar

(Your love is akin to a Hookah bar) 
This song has a very catchy tune( which Pritam must've plagiarised from some Korean/Japanese/Arabic/Swahili song ),but the lyrics are way too absurd. *retches*

6) Daaru Desi (Hindi)

Chadi mujhe yaari teri aisi,
Jaise daaru desi!

(I am high on your friendship like I would get high after boozing on local arak)

*Nods head in disbelief* 

7) Konjum mainakale (Tamil)

.. Naalai verum kanavu, adhai naan yen nambanum?!
....Nooru kanavugal kandale, aaru kanavugal palikadho?

( Tomorrow is just a dream, so why should I believe in it?
Out of a plethora of dreams, wont atleast a couple of them come true?

The irony in these two lines is profound! In the first stanza the heroine is prancing about happily, singing that she doesn't believe in dreams. And then in the next she longs for her wishes to be fulfilled. Pretty indecisive lady, isn't she? Or rather, the lyricist isn't quite sure of what to pen down! *facebrick*


PS: More to be added to the list. If you know of any such song (such gems are aplenty! :P), do let me know. I will add them with due credit! 

All GIFs sourced from reactionsgifs.com

UPDATE: My blogger app has been acting up. All the GIFs have managed to disappear magically from my post. Will update shortly! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment